2 Hilltops free range eggs
100g of sugar
a pinch of salt
3 table spoons of sunflower oil
150g of self-raising flour
3-4 pears, peeled and cut into thin slices.
Ingredients for the top layer:
1 Hilltops free range egg
80g of melted butter
3 heaped table spoons of sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients for the cake batter together.
2. Butter a cake dish of diameter not more than 22cm.
3. Place half the cake batter in, then arrange the pear slices on top to cover the batter, as shown in the photo.
4. Place the remaining cake batter on top. Cover all pear slices.
5. Bake in the oven at 160-170 degrees Celsius for 30 min. In the meantime, beat the ingredients for the top layer together, until you create a homogeneous thick syrup.
6. Take out the cake, and pour the syrup layer on top. Use a fork to make holes in the cake, so the syrup soaks through the cake.
7. Make sure all syrup goes in, and then put back in the oven to bake for 20 more minutes.