For the dough:
8 Hilltops Free Range Pastured eggs
200g raw sugar
2 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of oil (we use sunflower oil for baking)
1.5 cups of plain flour, mixed with 40g of baking powder
For the middle:
1 jar of raspberry jam
For the frosting:
400ml of thick cream
200g of pure icing sugar, or very finely ground raw sugar
250g, 1 packet of raspberries, washed and drained of all water droplets
1. Mix the eggs with the sugar, on the highest mixer speed, for at least 10-12 minutes, or until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
2. Add the milk, oil, and slowly add the mix of flour and baking powder, making sure there are no lumps formed in the process.
3. Butter a heart-shaped baking dish, make sure you cut out a sheet of baking paper to cover just the bottom of the mould, so that it comes off easily after baking. Pour in the dough mixture.
4. Preheat oven at 180 degrees C. Bake the cake for 40-45 minutes. Cool down fully before removing from the
5. While the cake is cooling down, you can make the frosting. Beat the thick cream together with the icing sugar on the highest mixer speed. Add a tiny drop of red food colouring, or more if you want to make the pink more intense.
The longer you mix it, the thicker it will become. We like to make it so that it is not too liquid and stays on the cake, but it is still fluffy to the taste, and not too 'solid butter-like':
Spread jam on the lower half of the heart:
The frosting helps to stick all the pieces together, and to 'conceal' the seams in the ready heart-shaped cake: